Sunday, August 18, 2013

~ Honey Grilled Shrimp~

For dinner I made Honey Grilled Shrimp which was great with baked potatoes and the Beer Bread I made as well.
 
 What you need: 1 lb shrimp shelled, water and skewers.
 
In a large bowl, mix together the contents of large bag with 1/3 cut water. Add shrimp, toss to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour. I thought I took photos of the shrimp in the marinade but I guess I didn't.  Sorry..
 
Preheat grill to high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers and discard marinade.
 
In a small bowl, stir together second package with 1/4 cup water.  
 
 Set aside for basting.
Lightly oil grill grate. Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Baste occasionally with the honey-butter sauce while grilling. Shrimp can also be skillet grilled as well, and if so, do not use the skewers.  I grilled my shrimp in a cast iron skillet not the grill and they turned out fine!
 
After putting on our dinner plate, I drizzled more of the honey-butter sauce over top.  The shrimp with the beer bread and potatoes made for a really great dinner with very little effort!  Get some today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment