Saturday, August 17, 2013

~ Diabetic Friendly Carrot Souffle ~

I've been wanting to try this and decided to make it to have with dinner.  Hubby loved it too! That's when I knew it is a keeper!
 
 
Ingredients: 1 pound of carrots, Carrot Souffle mix, 2 eggs and 1/4 cup melted butter.
 
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pound of chopped carrots and cook until tender.  (I myself just used enough water to cover the carrots, why use a ton of water that can just wash away some of the nutrients in the carrots?. This way I only had to drain less than a cup of water off).
 
Drain and mash. (Here I already added the butter too).
 
To the carrots add 1/4 cup melted butter ,2 eggs and contents of package. Mix well and transfer to a 1 quart casserole dish. (I transferred them into two one pint casserole dishes). Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
 Here's the finished Souffle. Pretty fancy looking huh?
 
Light, moist, delicious!  A nice side to impress guests with!
 
Get some here
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment