Thursday, July 4, 2013

~ Chocolate Caramel Surprise ~

I made this for a special treat for 4th of July.  This is a new item added to Gourmet Cupboard and it is wonderful!  It tastes sort of like a brownie with chocolate chips in it until you bite into mouth watering chewy caramel. Nice!

What you need:
Chocolate Caramel Surprise mix, 1/3 cup milk, and 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening.  Now I have to explain this photo. First of all I only had Crisco shortening but it worked just fine. Secondly when this got delivered we just had come off of a few days with 106 degree temperatures. So when I opened my box the plastic bag with the caramel and chips mixture had melted. I stuck it in the fridge until I decided to make this today. That package had hardened up so I had to break it up with yes a hammer (still in plastic obviously) but I spread it out on a paper plate for easier spreading when the time came.  Still turned out wonderful, just a little extra work.

 Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Mix contents of the large bad with milk and shortening.

 Take HALF of this mix, pat in a 9 x 11 greased pan and bake for 10 minutes.
 After taking the pan out of the oven,evenly sprinkle the contents of the bag containing caramel bits over baked cake.

 Cover  with remaining HALF of the cake batter. You may have to crumble it evenly over top.


 Bake an additional 20 minutes.
Serve warm as dessert or cut into bars when cooled.  

Despite a little work it took to make this because the chocolate melted then hardened, it was well worth it!  Get it today for a nice surprise dessert unlike any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment