Wednesday, May 9, 2012

~ Shrimp/Chicken and Rice Casserole ~


I made it with shrimp this time and not chicken... 

Here is a picture of all the ingredients needed: Contents of Shrimp/Chicken and Rice Casserole, can of cream of celery soup, can cream of chicken soup, 2 1/2 cups water (sorry didn't take a photo of that but I think we all know what water looks like), 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and either 3-4 cooked and diced chicken breasts or 1 lb cooked shrimp
~

I swapped out Cream of Shrimp soup instead of Cream of Chicken since I was using shrimp, and I didn't have a cup of grated cheddar cheese so just used up some Mexican and mozzarella cheese that was leftover in the fridge. 


To add a little spice the dish...  


  I added some Blackened Seafood Spice to the shrimp before cooking it




Here is the package with the soups added....




I sauteed the shrimp for 3-4 minutes in a little olive oil


Added the shrimp to the mix





Mix it up and pour it into a 9 x 13 pan

Pop in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes



~ Done !  ~


My hubby gave this a two thumbs up!  He really liked the kick to it too with the added blackened seafood spice.

Give it a try!


Here is the photo from the website



No comments:

Post a Comment