Friday, March 15, 2013

~ Fruit Crisp ~

I made this dessert a few weeks ago. 

 Here is what is needed: Fruit Crisp Gourmet Cupboard Mix, water, 21 oz can of your choice of fruit (apples, peaches, cherry pie filling, etc).


 Instructions: Empty contents of bag into a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of melted margarine.


Mix until well blended


 Drain a 21 oz can of your choice of fruit. I used 2 cans of 'lite' peaches as that is what hubby bought at the store. I think I would have liked the regular peaches in heavy syrup better.  Place in greased 8 x 8 pan.

Spread topping mixture evenly over fruit. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 

I have to say this smelled wonderful baking in the oven.  The outcome? Well the peaches didn't blend with the topping very well so I didn't care for it very much. And I do not like coconut and although I tried to take most of the shredded coconut out of the mixture before I made it, I could still taste it. (See I don't always rave about everything :-) ).  I would have it again if it did not have coconut but would use something like cherry pie filling instead to give it more of a thicker fruit base to go under the baked topping. 

If you'd like to try it with your own choice of favorite fruit, please do so! 


1 comment: