Tuesday, June 19, 2012

~ Etoufee ~

Well I knew this would happen eventually...I made this dish the other night and my husband deleted the photos I took thinking I had already downloaded them ...well I hadn't.  So I apologize that I will not have all the photos to post here.  I'm definitely making it again because we loved it, and I'll post again then with step by step photos as usual!  

I guess I've been living under a rock because I didn't even know what Etoufee was and didn't know what to expect.  I made it with shrimp and we had it over Rice Pilaf and it was really good!  We had some leftover and hubby had it on toast the next day.

Here's the Directions: Cook 1 lb of your choice of meat (shrimp,crawfish, or ground sausage) in a large pot with 1/2 cup margarine and 1 chopped celery stalk.  I did not include the celery stalk as hubby does not like it (I could probably list what he DOES like and the list would be a short one). I would have liked the celery in it as it would have added some more texture (and that slight celery crunch to the dish). Add the Etoufee mix , 1 1/2 cups water, and 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce.   Cook on low for 20 minutes. Serve over rice. Makes 4 cups.

Here is the photo from the website. It just really had a nice flavor!
Get some here

No comments:

Post a Comment