Sunday, November 11, 2012

~ Taco 'Soup'reme ~

This soup was terrific and it makes 16 cups which was plenty for freezing and for leftovers for two more lunches and a cup with dinner :)

 What you need: Taco 'soup'reme package, water, 1 lb cooked ground meat, 2 cans corn, 8 oz can tomato sauce and 1 can Rotel (chopped tomatoes with green chiles). 

 Directions: Empty beans into colander. Rinse beans and place in large microwave safe dish. Cover with water 1-2 inches over beans. Microwave on high 15 minutes. Drain and rinse beans well. Now I made this in a crock pot and not the way the directions indicated. So after initially rinsing the beans, I placed them in the crock pot and let them soak overnight (with crock pot off).
 Then after soaking overnight, I drained and rinsed the beans well and placed them back in the crock pot.

 The ground beef can be pre-cooked, however I cooked it that morning right before rinsing my beans that soaked overnight.

 Place beans, seasoning packet, 6 cups water, 1 lb cooked ground meat, 2 (15oz) can corn, 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce, and 1 (10oz) can Rotel (chopped tomatoes with green chilies) in large pot. The directions say stir well, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.

 But I placed all in the crock pot instead and let it cook all day.  Man, did my kitchen smell great!!

It is optional to serve with chips, grated cheese and or sour cream. I added some shredded Mexican cheese that I had on hand. So hearty and yummy!

 Below is the picture from the website. 
Why not buy some today?


No comments:

Post a Comment